Residential Block Management
Ellis Hay undertakes all duties which the resident management company, landlord or freehold owners are responsible for under the terms of the head lease or Deed of Covenant as well as a few little extras to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Cleanliness of all internal common areas and gardening, Ellis Hay appoints / manages the contracts undertaking these duties.
- Arranging Contracts for installations such as lifts.
- Collection of service charges and ground rents.
- Financial management including setting service charge budgets and making recommendations on how the budget is spent.
- General minor & major maintenance of the development
- Answering any questions and dealing with any concerns.
- Regular inspections to the development.
- Advice on compliance with head lease and Deed of Covenants and how to enforce breaches of covenants.
- Arranging and attending (where applicable) update meetings and the annual general meeting.
- Advising on compliance for regulations such as the control of asbestos regulations 2006 and the regulatory reform (fire safety) order 2005.
Ellis Hay wants residents to feel in control of their surroundings and importantly in control of the money paid in service charges, thus we consider strict financial controls are paramount and always manage sites with complete transparency.
Ellis Hay charges a set fee for residential block management starting from just £150 including VAT per apartment per year*
*dependent on the number of apartments in a block and the services on the development
If you are in a freehold block then a simple majority of owners is usually needed in order to move agents.