Quality tenants waiting
Our aim is to remove the pressures of letting property from you. Coupling top quality professional service to investors and independent landlords, with in-depth local knowledge and dedicated service you only get from a forward thinking locally based business. Ellis Hay are proud to be of service to you. Whether your property is large or small, old or new, town or country our marketing will efficiently secure a suitable tenant to provide the maximum return on your investment.
This service is suitable for Landlords who do not reside locally, those who would rather not deal directly with Tenants, or for those who do not have the time to effectively manage the tenants and the tenancy. Engaging Ellis Hay as managing agents of your residential property relieves you from many of the day-to-day issues associated with letting properties - we are experienced at providing cost effective management of tenants and tenancies, and as appropriate, arranging property maintenance, repairs and replacements.
Our Full Management includes
- Visiting you at your property, providing a rental valuation and giving advice as required.
- Marketing your property. With continued high levels customer service we have a high number of tenant registration from companies, relocation agencies and general enquiries and usually have a range of quality tenants waiting. We also undertake advertising as necessary. For example. Print media: local papers, leaflets, traditional flag boards and yellow pages. Online directories: yell.com and various other leading web sites, including our own comprehensive website, and other search engines.
- Selecting suitable tenants for your property and accompanying prospective tenant applicants to view the property, leading to the introduction and vetting of a prospective tenant, dealing with negotiations.
- Obtaining and evaluating references, credit and identification checks as appropriate. This proving satisfactory, we will then go ahead and prepare an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and Inventory.
- Sign on behalf of the Landlord and arrange signature of the Tenancy Agreement with the Tenant.
- Collecting the first advance rental and security deposit from the tenant. These will be transferred to the Landlord less our agreed fee.
- Tenant check-in. We advise tenants on how to operate appliances and ensure tenants are aware of their responsibilities such as window cleaning and gardening.
- Arranging with the tenant a prepared standing order mandate for processing of future rental payments.
- Advising and assisting in the transfer of gas, electricity, water and council accounts into the tenant's name.
- Providing the Tenants with contact details for the relevant utility companies and the opening meter readings taken on the day of the check-in, information regarding and any other relevant information following the check-in.
- The Tenants Security Deposit will be held by The Tenancy Deposit Service.
- We will keep all original tenancy documentation and provide you with copies for your records if requested.
- Unless instructed to the contrary, Landlords contact details will not be given to tenants.
- Automatic renewal of CP12 gas safety certificates when they become due. Collecting and processing of rental payments payable by the tenant monthly in advance, crediting your nominated bank account (less our agreed monthly management fee and any maintenance costs) and sending you a detailed rental statement on a monthly basis.
- Dealing with rent arrears in an appropriate manner within the confines of our Management Agreement and the tenancy agreement.
- During the tenancy carrying out periodic property visits to monitor the condition of the property and the performance of the tenant in accordance with their contractual obligations, sending you a full report of our findings.
- We will arrange any necessary day to day repairs to the property or contents. Maintenance of the property throughout the tenancy and at the end of a tenancy using qualified, insured tradesmen from our approved list.
- Two months prior to the end of the tenancy, we will liaise with the Tenant and Landlord regarding a renewal of the tenancy or arrange to check them out as applicable.
- Establishing renewal notification with the Tenant 2 months prior to the end of the tenancy to allow as much time as possible to re-market.
- If the tenant is not renewing we will re-advertise the property for re-letting and continue the process with the minimum of vacant periods to ensure that you receive the optimum return from your property.
- Year End Income & Expense Account.
Deposit Registration Fee: £48 inc VAT
- Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government-authorised Scheme
- Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of tenancy